Protecting The Rights Of Car Accident Victims
The studies and accompanying news reports continue to remind us that negligent driving is on the rise. One need only look at their fellow drivers to see they are staring down at a device or adjusting one of the many tech gadgets now part of a car. However, there is also human error and other issues that have led to a major uptick in preventable and distracted driving accidents.
With offices in Summerville, the law firm of Cook & Connelly, LLC helps accident victims throughout Georgia, Tennessee and the Southeast seek the compensation they deserve. We understand that car accidents can often result in different types of injuries, ranging from serious head trauma to soft tissue injuries affecting your ability to work or even move.
How We Can Help
A personal injury lawyer can be a tremendous asset after the vehicle accident occurs, providing many essential services, including:
- Speaking with the insurance companies: An attorney can help you avoid offering information that can be used against you.
- Finding you proper medical care: Perhaps your doctor is not well versed in neck injuries or head trauma.
- Conducting our own investigation: Our inquiry may use accident experts and medical staff to yield additional evidence that law enforcement missed to better support your claim.
How To Help Yourself
Call 911 if there has been an injury or severe damage to your property. There are other steps to take as soon as possible.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses and insurance information from the other driver.
- Go to the doctor even if your initial injuries do not seem severe.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer before making any official statements.
Why You Need An Auto Accident Lawyer
Some victims do not feel comfortable seeking financial compensation, but this can be a mistake. While insurance can provide some help, companies often only want to pay the bare minimum. In addition, insurance may not cover additional out-of-pocket expenses like time away from work, inability to perform your current job and ongoing therapy.
Even in more severe cases that involve back injury or head trauma, a lawyer still needs to protect your rights to the full extent of the law. Whether during negotiations or in court, we have extensive experience handling life-changing accidents and always work toward a positive outcome in your case.