Proven Criminal Defense Attorneys
Criminal charges can drastically affect an individual’s future. If you are convicted of a crime, it can affect your ability to vote, get a job and live in a certain area. A strong defense is essential in fighting these charges to achieve the best possible outcome. There is simply too much at stake not to contact an attorney with experience in criminal defense.
With office Summerville, the law firm of Cook & Connelly will stand up for your interests and protect your rights. Our firm was established in 1959 by attorneys Bobby Lee Cook and the late A. Cecil Palmour. Now led by Cook’s grandson Sutton Connelly, our current generation continues to provide clients with the same highly individualized attention, aggressive advocacy and experienced services.
We Provide A Full Range Of Criminal Defense Services
We have continuously practiced in the area of criminal defense and most frequently handle cases throughout the Southeast involving:
- DUI defense: We represent individuals facing first-time DUI charges as well as clients facing repeat charges. Our lawyers will work to minimize fines, avoid jail time, assist you with license suspension matters and work to get the charges dropped.
- Violent crimes: Our attorneys have significant experience handling serious criminal cases, including rape and murder defense, as well as assault. Mr. Bobby Lee Cook has tried cases in 37 states and criminal cases overseas. He continues to be a great advocate for clients and an inspiration for the current attorneys who now have their own reputations for building strong defenses, even under the most challenging of circumstances.
- Drug crimes: We handle a range of drug crime cases, from simple misdemeanor charges to felony drug trafficking charges. Our firm takes a proactive approach to working on our clients’ cases and works to achieve positive results in the timeliest manner.
- Sex crimes: Our lawyers have significant experience defending individuals against sex crime charges, including molestation, rape and child pornography. We understand the scrutiny that our clients are under and take every measure to ensure that their individual rights are fully protected.
- White-collar crimes: Our attorneys also have vast experience handling white-collar crimes, including bank fraud, identity fraud, mail fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, racketeering and antitrust cases.
Mr. Cook has tried courts-martial cases involving violent crimes in South Vietnam and Germany and handled the very first racketeering case. His vast state and federal court experience makes him a premier choice for handling your criminal matters. His grandson and entire staff continue with this tradition of being our clients’ tireless legal advocates, regardless of the circumstances.